Joel Hemphill Multimedia> • About Joel Hemphill>
Page 1 2 3 Next>
Our Savior Jesus Is A Man
The Second Adam
Taken from Chapter four of Joel Hemphill's book:
"To God be the Glory"
The Chapter is titled, "The Man Christ Jesus."
Jesus Christ is the supernaturally conceived, virgin born, sinless Son of God. He is the perfect man, unique man, the mirror image of God, "the express image of His person, " but man nevertheless: "One mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" (I Tim. 2:5).
Jesus himself said so -
• "But now ye seek to kill me, a man that has told you the truth, which I have heard of God " (John 8:40).
• "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends..." (John 15:13-14).
• "If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin" (John 15:24). Please note: Jesus never once in Scripture said he is God, but these three times he clearly referred to himself as a man.
The Old Testament Prophets said so -
• " A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief" (Isa. 53:3).
• "David shall never want a man to sit upon the throne of the house of Israel" (Jer. 33:17).
• "Awake, O sword against the man that is my fellow" (Zech. 13:7; Matt. 26:31).
• "And this man shall be the peace" (Micah 5:5).
John the Baptist said so -
• "After me cometh a man who is preferred before me" (John 1:30).
• "All things that John spoke of this man were true" (John 10:41).
The Apostle Paul said so -
• "Through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins" (Acts 13:38).
• "(God) will judge the world...by that man whom he hath ordained" (Acts 17:31).
• "The gift of grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ" (Rom. 5:15).
• " Every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits" (in resurrection) (I Cor. 15:23).
• "And being found in fashion as a man" (Phil. 2:8).
• "Put on the new man" (Christ) (Col. 3:10).
• "For there is one God , and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus " (I Tim. 2:5).